Insurance for Professional Hypnotherapists
to cover Professional Indemnity, Public Liability & Product Liability risks
In order to offer choice and to ensure that professional insurance premiums are maintained at affordable and realistic levels, we have four separate providers that have agreed to offer relevant schemes to our UK members. (N.B. Scroll to the bottom of the page for available Republic of Ireland and Overseas schemes).
All four schemes are acceptable to the GHR and should include cover for Professional Indemnity, Public Liability and Product Liability.
If you wish to consider one of the insurance schemes listed here, you should compare the premiums and breadth of cover and the terms offered in each case and only then proceed accordingly. In all cases GHR registration is a condition of the insurance.
- Full Practitioner: Limit of indemnity £6,000,000 – annual premium £52.09
- Further activities may be added for no additional premium.
1.Professional, Public and Products Liability Insurance
This policy is underwritten by Zurich Insurance plc (Zurich).
This is a policy that provides cover for Malpractice, Professional, Public and Products Liability for Health and Wellbeing, Fitness, Beauty and other Health Professionals as noted and agreed by Balens Ltd.
The policy provides a limit of liability of £4,000,000, £6,000,000 or £10,000,000. This limit is per section and applies to any one claim, for an unlimited number of claims in the policy year for Section I and II. The limit is in the aggregate for Section III. Legal Defence costs are covered in addition to the limit of liability and are unlimited.
The policy is on a claims occurring basis with a unique difference. The policy will cover claims that occurred during the policy period irrespective of when the claim is made, meaning that you are protected for claims that may arise later down the line providing the work was carried out during the period of insurance. We include an upgrade of cover feature on the Zurich Policy that protects you against the effects of inflation, and rising court awards. This cover is a pioneering hybrid offering the advantages of a claims occurrence policy with features normally only found on a claims made policy, but with none of the disadvantages, particularly around the issue of discontinuing cover and possibly being uninsured later on if a claim is discovered. This is a major improvement on what is often available through other insurers. Further information about this is available on our website www.balens.co.uk
The policy will cover you to practice in the UK, cover is also included for temporary trips abroad (please note exclusions apply).
The policy is an annual policy (unless otherwise stated in Schedule). The policy is renewable each year.
What is Insured?
Section I: Professional Liability
Any breach of your professional duty (malpractice) due to a negligent act, error or omission committed or alleged to have been committed.
Any act of Libel or Slander committed or uttered in good faith.
Unintentional infringement of any intellectual property right, design right, registered design, trademark or patent.
Unintentional breach of confidentiality or unintentional misuse of any information.
Section II: Public Liability
Accidental injuries to third parties and third party property damage.
Accidental obstruction, trespass or nuisance arising out of your business activities.
Wrongful arrest detention and/or malicious prosecution.
Section III: Products Liability.
Accidental injuries to third parties and third party property damage caused by Products.
Cover in respect of products supplied independently of any treatment, therapy and or advice is only provided where the annual turnover in respect of such Products supplied does not exceed £30,000.
Please refer to the Zurich policy wording for full terms and conditions.
2.Commercial Legal Protection Insurance
This policy is underwritten by DAS Legal Expenses Insurance Company Ltd (DAS)
Cover for legal defence costs against criminal allegations.
Pre-disciplinary and Disciplinary Hearings cover.
Jury service and court attendance cover.
Tax protection cover relating to a tax enquiry, an employer compliance dispute and/or VAT dispute.
Unlimited access to legal and tax helplines.
The policy provides a limit of liability of £100,000 per claim.
Please refer to the DAS ‘welcome to your Legal Expenses cover’ document and the DAS policy wording for further details.
Address: Balens Ltd, Bridge House, Portland Road, Malvern. WR14 2TA.
Telephone: 01684 580771
For further information or to sign up online please visit: www.balens.co.uk/services/customised-schemes/general-hypnotherapy-register-insurance-scheme.aspx
HOLISTIC INSURANCE SERVICES
- Indemnity limit: £5,000,000 (any one claim) – £10,000,000 (in the aggregate)
- Annual premium: £52.50 (Discounted GHR Rate) ( effective 1/10/16 )
- Further therapies may be added – most at no extra cost
- Address: 181a Watling Street, Towcester, NORTHANTS, NN12 6BX
- Telephone: 0345 222 2236
- Specific enquiries to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web: www.holisticinsurance.co.uk
HOWDEN INSURANCE BROKERS
- Premiums staring from £47.75
- Full Civil liability cover
- Disciplinary hearings cover
- No forms to complete
- Instant documentation provide by email, or same day by post
- Excellent claims service
- 24 hour legal helpline
- Free run off cover for retirement/career or maternity break
- Telephone: 01924 241945
- Email: email@example.com
- Web: www.howdengroup.com
TOWERGATE PROFESSIONAL RISKS
- Indemnity limits: £1,000,000, £2,000,000 and £5,000,000
- Annual premium £115.00 for £1M limit, £126.00 for £2M limit or £198.00 for £5M limit. (N.B. These prices are correct as at 23rd October 2016 for a period of 30 days. All prices include Towergate Fee of £25.00 The most up-to-date prices can always be obtained by contacting Towergate directly)
- No excess to pay when making a claim
- Access to a 24hr Legal Helpline
- 60 days worldwide cover as standard
- Discounted Working from Home Insurance available when Professional Liability Insurance bought. Telephone 0330 123 3306
- Telephone: 01438 735 251
- Address: 1st Floor, Kings Court, London Road, Stevenage, HERTS, SG1 2GA
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Buy online at: www.towergateinsurance.co.uk
If you are resident abroad, Balens can currently offer you a policy if you are in Spain, Gibraltar, Ireland, Greece, Malta, Cyprus, France, and Netherlands. Please contact them for further information and a form. They are currently working on many other countries so it is worth contacting them to register your interest and once the country you reside in is ready, they can contact you.
Policy cover: €500k / €1m / €2m Medical Malpractice, Professional Indemnity, Public & Products Liability
Cover for temporary work abroad (USA & Canada by referral)
Includes nearly 3,000 different therapies / activities
Telephone: +441684 580771
For South Africa contact Monique Joubert at email@example.com