Insurance for Professional Hypnotherapists
to cover Professional Indemnity, Public Liability & Product Liability risks
In order to offer choice and to ensure that professional insurance premiums are maintained at affordable and realistic levels, we have four separate providers that have agreed to offer relevant schemes to our UK members. (N.B. Scroll to the bottom of the page for available Republic of Ireland and Overseas schemes).
All four schemes are acceptable to the GHR and should include cover for Professional Indemnity, Public Liability and Product Liability.
If you wish to consider one of the insurance schemes listed here, you should compare the premiums and breadth of cover and the terms offered in each case and only then proceed accordingly. In all cases GHR registration is a condition of the insurance.
Full Practitioner: Limit of indemnity £6,000,000 – annual premium £52.09
Further activities may be added for no additional premium.
- Wide definition of insurance cover is clear and is not restricted to treatment only. This cover includes Medical Malpractice, Professional, Public and Products Liability (claims in this section do not reduce the amount covered for other sections of the policy as is normally the case in other policies). Products Liability is provided for unlimited sales to clients and for up to £30,000 of retail sales (sales to non-clients)
- This policy is on a Claims Occurring Basis, but with a unique difference. If you do not renew for any reason with Balens, we automatically include Run-off cover for an unlimited period of time, meaning that if a claim was to be made years down the line after stopping your policy, you will always be covered for work you did within the insured period. Further information about this is available on our website www.balens.co.uk. This is a major improvement on what is often available through other insurers
- We include an upgrade of cover feature on the Zurich Policy that protects you against the effects of inflation, and rising court awards. This cover is a pioneering hybrid offering the advantages of a claims occurrence policy with features normally only found on a claims made policy, but with none of the disadvantages, particularly around the issue of discontinuing cover and possibly being uninsured later on if a claim is discovered. Many wordings give conditional “unlimited” or time restricted run off cover if you cease the policy at any time
- Teaching and Student Work cover (running a school can be covered separately)
- Includes Libel and Slander cover
- All premiums include full malpractice retroactive cover for previously insured work performed
- Loss of Reputation expenses to help repair damage to your business in the event of a claim against you
- Breach of Intellectual Property, Client Confidentiality Protection cover
- Temporary Trips abroad are covered without a time limit (Please refer to the full policy wording for the conditions applicable)
- Loss of Documents cover included £50,000
- First Aid cover as well as Good Samaritan Acts
- Includes Disciplinary Hearings cover, plus Pre disciplinary hearing legal advice up to £1000
- Students can be covered for all work prior to qualification, subject to adequate supervision and safeguards
- A wide range of activities can be insured, as well as non-treatment related work and advice – our definition of a “Health Professional ” or “Health Business” and the types of situations covered is extremely wide
- Flexible underwriting to accommodate changes in your practice, fast turnaround of documents and queries.
- No additional charges for routine changes to cover or duplicate certificates.
- For full terms and conditions of cover please refer to the policy wording.
- Also included is a separate Legal Protection Package underwritten by DAS Legal Expenses Insurance Company Limited (DAS) which covers Criminal Defence and other costs up to £100,000.
- Regretfully, the climate of litigation is still deteriorating. Claims, incidents and criminal allegations, including allegations of sexual impropriety or assault are, in our experience, on the increase. The cover includes the following features:
- Wide range of free 24 hour Advice lines, including Legal/Tax Advice, Counselling, and business support services are included. Corporates entities with employees require a different policy
- Jury or Witness Service Compensation for lost income as a result of having to attend
- Defence of your legal rights involving Criminal Proceedings as well as Data Protection and other legislation cover, wrongful arrest, actions against you for unlawful discrimination etc.
- Negotiation and Representation (including accountant’s fees) in the event of an Inland Revenue partial or full enquiry. Some accountants have been known to charge over £90 for this.
- Business Assistance Helpline for emergencies involving your premises
- Disciplinary Hearings Defence and Legal Expenses if you lose your Statutory Licence to practise.
Address: Balens Ltd, Bridge House, Portland Road, Malvern. WR14 2TA.
Telephone: 01684 580771
For further information or to sign up online please visit: www.balens.co.uk/services/customised-schemes/general-hypnotherapy-register-insurance-scheme.aspx
HOLISTIC INSURANCE SERVICES
- Indemnity limit: £5,000,000 (any one claim) – £10,000,000 (in the aggregate)
- Annual premium: £52.50 (Discounted GHR Rate) ( effective 1/10/16 )
- Further therapies may be added – most at no extra cost
- Address: 181a Watling Street, Towcester, NORTHANTS, NN12 6BX
- Telephone: 0345 222 2236
- Specific enquiries to: email@example.com
- Web: www.holisticinsurance.co.uk
HOWDEN INSURANCE BROKERS
- Premiums staring from £47.75
- Full Civil liability cover
- Disciplinary hearings cover
- No forms to complete
- Instant documentation provide by email, or same day by post
- Excellent claims service
- 24 hour legal helpline
- Free run off cover for retirement/career or maternity break
- Telephone: 01924 241945
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web: www.howdengroup.com
TOWERGATE PROFESSIONAL RISKS
- Indemnity limits: £1,000,000, £2,000,000 and £5,000,000
- Annual premium £115.00 for £1M limit, £126.00 for £2M limit or £198.00 for £5M limit. (N.B. These prices are correct as at 23rd October 2016 for a period of 30 days. All prices include Towergate Fee of £25.00 The most up-to-date prices can always be obtained by contacting Towergate directly)
- No excess to pay when making a claim
- Access to a 24hr Legal Helpline
- 60 days worldwide cover as standard
- Discounted Working from Home Insurance available when Professional Liability Insurance bought. Telephone 0330 123 3306
- Telephone: 01438 735 251
- Address: 1st Floor, Kings Court, London Road, Stevenage, HERTS, SG1 2GA
- Email: email@example.com
- Buy online at: www.towergateinsurance.co.uk
If you are resident abroad, Balens can currently offer you a policy if you are in Spain, Gibraltar, Ireland, Greece, Malta, Cyprus, France, and Netherlands. Please contact them for further information and a form. They are currently working on many other countries so it is worth contacting them to register your interest and once the country you reside in is ready, they can contact you.
Policy cover: €500k / €1m / €2m Medical Malpractice, Professional Indemnity, Public & Products Liability
Cover for temporary work abroad (USA & Canada by referral)
Includes nearly 3,000 different therapies / activities
Telephone: +441684 580771